Missouri State revised implementation
Because a temporary injunction was issued preventing the U.S. Department of Labor from implementing and enforcing the change to the overtime rule, the University has suspended implementation of a portion of FLSA-related changes.
- The Professional Nonexempt classification has been rescinded.
- Employees who were transitioning from Exempt to Professional Nonexempt will remain salaried exempt; timesheets will not be submitted.
- New employees hired into the Professional Nonexempt classification will become salaried exempt employees; the Nov. 16 – Dec. 15 timesheet will not be submitted.
- The December 2016 paycheck for these employees will be based entirely on the salaried exempt job.
- Leave reporting by these employees for the second half of November will be done by a different process.
- Informational emails have been sent to affected employees; individual notification memos were delivered to cost centers for distribution to affected employees on Dec. 9, 2016.