In order to ensure continued participation in the HPS Program, students must meet specific requirements as they progress through their undergraduate degree program. All HPS Program participants must fulfill the following requirements in order to remain active members of the Scholars Program:
- Maintain an annual MSU cumulative GPA of at least a 3.50 on a 4.00 scale; GPA may not fall below a 3.25 in any given semester
- Declare an undergraduate major prior to earning 60 credit hours (any major is acceptable)
- Participate in the HPS Program orientation upon entry into the Program
- Demonstrate annual support of the Public Affairs Mission by providing evidence of participation in Service Learning, community/volunteer work, Study Away, etc.
- Become and remain an active member of at least one student health care-related organization on campus (e.g. Pre-PA Club, Pre-PT Club, etc.; must attend at least two meetings per semester)
- Attend at least one HPS Program advisement session annually
- Complete annual pathway-specific health care experience requirement (hours required and type of experience vary by intended pathway)
- Participate in at least one mock interview with the Missouri State University Career Center during third year on campus
- Successfully complete pre-requisite coursework necessary for the intended health care pathway
Each academic pathway (Audiology, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies) includes specific requirements that reflect the pre-requisites for entry into each of the graduate programs of study. All students in the HPS program, regardless of the pathway they've selected, will complete the same requirements in the first year. Students are permitted to move between pathways in the first two years, but MUST finalize a pathway by the start of year three. Please consult the specific pathway webpages for more information about each.