In order to be eligible to apply for the HPS Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Submitted a Missouri State University undergraduate application for admission
- Be an incoming freshmen who is a first-time new to college student
- Achieve a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least a 3.70 on a 4.00 scale at the time of application*
- Earned a minimum of a 27 composite on the ACT or a minimum of a 1220 on the SAT at the time of application*
- Demonstrate a record of extracurricular involvement during high school (this can include participation in school-sponsored activities/organizations, employment, or community service)
*Students who fail to meet one of the two academic criteria listed above (GPA or ACT/SAT) may petition for admission into the program. To petition for admission, students must submit an additional 500 word essay with their HPS Program application detailing any mitigating circumstances that prevented the achievement of the unmet academic criterion (GPA or ACT/SAT). Please note, if a student fails to meet BOTH academic criteria, the student is not eligible for this program and will not be considered.
Interested students must complete and submit the HPS Program application. The application requires that students upload a resume and application essay.
The password required to complete the application is HPS2014.