Students who entered the Honors College between Fall 2009 and Spring 2013 must complete the following requirements in order to graduate from the Honors College:
UHC 110 Freshman Honors Seminar:
- Two credit hour seminar offered every fall semester
- Introduction to the Honors College and its faculty
- Unique research topics and discussions for each course section
- Exploration of campus student resources including the library, student organizations, and informational speakers
Five general honors courses in the first five semesters:
- Four of the five must be in general education
- There must be four different course prefixes
- Must be enrolled in at least one honors course each semester until the five general honors courses are completed
- All courses satisfy general education or major requirements
One course which addresses one of the three public affairs themes: (Please follow this link for a detailed explanation)
- Cultural competence
- Community engagement
- Ethical leadership
Must maintain a 3.25 cumulative Missouri State GPA
Students who are not members of the Honors College may be allowed to enroll in courses of Honors College designation provided they have both a 3.25 GPA. and permission of the Director of the Honors College.
Honors students who complete the Freshman Honors Seminar, the general honors curriculum, the course in public affairs, and who maintain the 3.25 GPA will qualify for graduation in the Honors College after fulfilling all other University requirements. Their transcripts and diplomas will read "Bachelor of ___________ (with possible grade point honors) in the Honors College."
Advanced Placement credit, International Baccalaureate credit, and “CLEP” credits are available in some departments of the University. These will not carry honors designation.
Honors courses, sections, and components may not be taken on a Pass/Not Pass basis.