The Honors College is seeking a Professional Writing Intern for the Fall 2014 semester. This internship is designed to satisfy the requirements for ENG 574 Technical Writing Internship and will require 135 hours or approximately 10 hours per week during the course of the fall semester.
The Honors College wishes to raise its public profile by producing and sharing community features with a diverse audience, including prospective students, program alumni, potential donors, and senior university leaders. The success of this initiative will impact Honors College recruitment, retention, development, and resource allocation. We are seeking a highly motivated Professional Writing student with the desire to write for a public audience, the ability to conceive a public relations campaign, an eye for critical details, and technical knowledge of electronic formatting programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting feature stories for public audiences that highlight the accomplishments of Honors College community members, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni;
- Collaborating with Honors College staff in order to identify, develop, and prioritize ideas for Honors College features;
- Interviewing Honors College community members, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni;
- Photographing Honors College community members, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni;
- Attending Honors College and University events for documentation purposes;
- Formatting feature stories for publication in electronic formats, including WebPress and MS Publisher;
- Designing feature pages in WebPress for online publication on the Honors College websites.
- Successful completion of ENG 421 Advanced Technical Writing;
- Concurrent enrollment in ENG 574 Technical Writing Internship;
- Junior standing or higher;
- Honors College membership preferred;
Applicants should submit the following materials to the Honors College:
- Cover Letter;
- Contact information for at least two references;
- A writing sample for a public audience or professional client;
Application deadline: until filled
Please submit all application materials to:
Ms. Janelle Melton
University Hall 212
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Web Address: http://www.missouristate.edu/honors