LOGOS is currently accepting applications for a Summer Internship. The Intern will work 5-10 hours per week on average. The period of the appointment for this position is June 2014 – September 2014, depending upon the completion time of the journal.
Position responsibilities include:
- Serving as Publisher for LOGOS, which involves designing of content layout in InDesign including front matter, header/footer information, submission content flow from page to page, and embedded graphics like pictures, tables, graphs, and title headings;
- Serving as Copyeditor for LOGOS, which involves proofreading all accepted submissions for grammar, phrasing, noticeable content issues, clarity of language, punctuation, documentation of sourcing, and up-to-date sourcing formats;
- Designing and formatting of front and back covers for LOGOS;
- Communicating effectively via email, phone, and in person between the Honors College Graduate Assistant and MSU Printing Services;
- Developing and updating the LOGOS university website including webpages, content, graphics, video, organization, and structure;
- Assisting in promotional events and campus advertising of LOGOS via creation of fliers, brochures, and other materials;
- Other duties as assigned by the Honors College Director, Assistant Director, or Graduate Assistant.
- Candidates must be an undergraduate entering at least their 3rd year of study or a graduate student at Missouri State;
- Candidates must be living in Springfield during Summer 2014;
- Candidates must be available beyond the summer semester if need be in order for LOGOS to be ready for MSU Printing Services in the fall;
- Candidates must have in-depth experience with InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word and Publisher, and either Photoshop or Illustrator for cover designs.
- Summer stipend totaling $500 upon completion of the project
- Demonstrated record of academic research and writing;
- Knowledge of documentation styles: MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Previous editorial experience with student produced publications or other publications;
- Commitment to the promotion of LOGOS and being a team player;
- Experience with web-publication applications, particularly WebPress, strongly preferred;
- Current majors including Professional Writing, Graphic Design, Journalism, Mass Media, or similar Master’s emphasis strongly preferred.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter;
- Contact information for at least two references;
- Portfolio of design, publication, and writing examples and experience.
Application deadline is March 28, 2014
Submit applications to:
Janelle Melton, Search Coordinator
University Hall 212
Missouri State University
901 South National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Direct Inquiries to email@example.com
For additional information, visit www.missouristate.edu/logos