January 15, 2013
Students in the Honors College have the opportunity to graduate with distinction in their major. In addition to completing all general requirements for the Honors College, these students must complete 12 credits of honors course work in their major program, including a senior research project worth at least 3 credit hours.
The following students graduated with distinction in Summer and Fall 2012:
Cassandra Artman, Computer Information Systems
- Senior Honors Project: Delta Sigma Pi Attendance Management System
- Project Mentor: Dr. John Satzinger, Professor of Computer Information Systems
MaryJo Kolze, Psychology
- Senior Honors Project: Effects of Different Head Coverings on Perceptions of Females
- Project Mentor: Dr. Melissa Fallone, Asst. Professor of Psychology
Kristen Stallion, Political Science
- Senior Honors Project: Brown v. Board of Education and its Impact on Admissions in Higher Education, 1955-2012
- Project Mentor: Dr. Kevin Pybas, Assoc. Professor of Political Science
Jacob Swett, Physics
- Senior Honors Project: Patternable Piezoelectric Inkjet Printing of Transparent Thin Films on Flexible Substrates for Fabrication of Photovoltaic Devices
- Project Mentor: Dr. Lifeng Dong, Assoc. Professor of Physics
Please join us in congratulating these students on their outstanding original scholarship!