Fringe Benefits Committee Minutes
Attendees: Debbie Donnellan, Chair, Alphonso Johnson, Janis King, Neosha Mackey, Terri Oehm, John Satzinger, Art Spisak, Alex Trombetta, Martha Tuttle, Howard Berriman, ex officio.
Absent: Randy Blackwood, Tamera Janke, David King
Guests: Donn Sorensen, COO, St. John's Physicians and Clinics, Walt Gaska, M.D., President, St. John's Physicians and Clinics, Kim Day, Executive VP/CFO, St. John's Health System, Sterling Coker, Asst Director of CBO, St. John's Physicians and Clinics, Ronnie Brownsworth, M.D., Sr. VP, St. John's Health System, David Crane, VP, St. John's Health System.
St. John's Health System representatives attended the meeting and addressed issues raised in our staff survey conducted last Fall 2001. Some of the key points revealed were:
- St. John's has 400 physicians, including 180 primary care physicians
- Physician turnover rate has been 9%
- The billing department has been redesigned; every conversation is recorded
- St. John's will provide payroll inserts to publicize their 24-hour-assistance telephone number, 888-8888
- St. John's will provide the University with a list of physicians; and, will note the anticipated length of time between request for appointment and actual appointment date
- St. John's is aware of the perception that "their good doctors are leaving"
- St. John's is implementing improvements in their website
- St. John's has offered to hold additional meetings with committee and/or all employees
Submitted by: Debbie Donnellan