Applications for Fall 2018 Instructors and Peer Leaders will be available in early 2018.
First-Year Programs is committed to assist new students in achieving a successful transition to Missouri State University’s community of scholars.
This mission is realized through the following means:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of the Public Affairs Mission and its wider societal impact through a critical analysis of a common reader
- Helping students build the necessary skills to be academically successful
- Assisting students to establish campus connections and form a supportive network of faculty, staff, and other students
- Developing ethical leaders and positive role models through the Peer Leader program
- Offering professional development opportunities for instructors to collaborate and enhance their pedagogical skills
Through the administration of GEP 101: First-Year Foundations, Peer Leader program, and instructor professional development, First-Year Programs serves as an academic cornerstone to assist students in attaining the University’s guiding purpose, which is “to develop educated persons.”