The Approval functions within Banner allow designated university personnel to act upon online purchase requisitions which have been created by others. These authorized "departmental approvers" are allowed to approve or disapprove requisitions which are funded using budgets for which the approver is responsible. Thus, the determination of who must approve a particular requisition is based solely on the funding of the requisition.
Through MyMissouriState - Self-Service Banner (SSB) Finance options, authorized departmental approvers may:
- View a list of all documents for which they are the next approver
- Review the documents they must act upon (in detail or summary)
- Act upon these documents (approve or disapprove)
Based on this same Budget Authority, authorized approvers may also:
- View documents and Budget queries for their departments
- Perform online Budget Transfers
Approval authorization may be established by submitting a FOAPAL Authorization Form signed by the individual with ultimate responsibility over a budget. For example, a Dean should sign a request authorizing a Department Head as an approver, or a Department Head for an individual within the department who may managing a budget designated to that area.