Please read these instructions thoroughly before filling out this online application.
The Multicultural Leadership Scholarship is valued at $6,250 per year ($3,125 fo the fall semester and $3,125 for the spring semester. To be considered, high school seniors must rank in the upper one-half of their class (or 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale) and be admitted to the university. Transfer students must also be admitted and have a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average. All applicants must have demonstrated leadership in multicultural, school or community activities. Historically underrepresented minorities at Missouri State--African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Hispanics and Native-Americans--are encouraged to apply.
- Multicultural Leadership Scholarship recipients may renew their scholarship for three additional years beyond the freshman year. Recipients must complete 24 credit hours before the end of the school year, which includes fall, spring, and summer semesters, while maintaining a 2.75 cumulative grade point average of Missouri State University coursework. Additionally, to renew for the fourth year, recipients will be required to complete an average of 40 community or campus service hours each year during the first three years. Finally, recipients must schedule an individual conference at least once per semester (fall and spring) with a Multicultural Leadership Scholarship Advisor. Multicultural Leadership recipients who graduate in four years or less, meet renewal criteria their fourth year and begin a Missouri State University graduate program the semester following their graduation may receive this scholarship for their first year of graduate study (unless they receive a graduate assistantship).
- Unlike Missouri State's automatic scholarships (the Dean's, Provost and Board of Governors scholarships), the Multicultural Leadership Scholarship is competitive. In order to compete, students must be admitted to the university and submit a separate application by the December 1 application deadline. Students may apply for admission online at http://www.missouristate.edu/futurestudents/applynow.asp.
- The scholarship application itself consists of two parts. In the first part, applicants provide address, contact and academic information, as well as a list of organizations and activities participated in and awards and honors received. In the second part, students provide an essay (not to exceed two pages [paper] or 1000 characters [web] in length) consisting of a personal profile describing interests, academic goals and career plans.
- Students may submit a paper application or may apply online (see below). Paper applications are available by contacting the Office of Multicultural Services, 901 S. National, Springfield, MO 65897, by calling toll free at 800-492-7900 or by emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also print a downloadable application. (You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print this document.)
- Students wishing to submit an online application can access the application below. We recommend that students review the required information ahead of time and have all materials ready to submit. Students should be prepared to finish the application in one sitting, as they cannot save their work and come back to it later. Applicants can fill in each field manually or they may cut and paste. Students who have prepared a resume or a specially-formatted essay are encouraged to obtain and submit a paper application.
- Applicants should make sure that they have submitted a transcript showing their 6th semester class rank percentile and cumulative grade point average and their highest ACT or SAT score to the Missouri State Office of Multicultural Services by the December 1 deadline.
- Questions should be directed to the Office of Multicultural Services at 417-836-3043 or 800-492-7900, or by email at email@example.com.
If you have read the instructions and are ready to complete the application for the Multicultural Leadership Scholarship, please choose the link below.