Elizabeth Sivill, Graduate Program Coordinator
Glass Hall, Room 223 Phone 417-836-5616
Review the following Program Costs and Potential Occupations (Gainful Employment Disclosure).
- The Graduate Certificate in Finance provides a 12 hours graduate-level experience in the area of finance.
- The program involves in depth study of finance, including exposure to international issues. Contact the MBA Director or Program Coordinator for additional information.
- Candidates for the certificate program must be admitted to the University as a graduate student.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree and meet minimum admission criteria for the Master of Business Administration program.
- All course work must be approved by the MBA Program Director.
- EMBA students must have a program of study approved by the Director of the EMBA program.
Required courses (12 hrs)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|FIN 785||Investment Management||3 hrs|
Seminar in Derivatives
Seminar in Finance
International Financial Management
International Financial Statement Analysis
|Complete one 1 additional course from the following|
|FIN 638||Introduction to Estate Planning||3 hrs|
|FIN 681||Professional Financial Planning||3 hrs|
|FIN 682||International Financial Management||3 hrs|
|FIN 686||International Financial Statement Analysis||3 hrs|
|FIN 689||Management of Financial Institutions||3 hrs|
|FIN 695||Financial Markets Study Tour||3 hrs|
|FIN 699||Directed Study for CFA Level I Exam||3 hrs|
|FIN 785||Investment Management||3 hr|
|FIN 787||Seminar in Derivatives||3 hrs|
|FIN 790||Seminar in Finance||3 hrs|
No more than six hours of 600-level coursework may be used toward the Graduate Certificate in Finance
Students must have a 3.00 GPA on all coursework used toward the certificate. No course with a grade of C- or below can be used for the program.