Gamma Iota Sigma
Gamma Iota Sigma is the international risk management, insurance and actuarial science fraternity. GIS seeks to:
- Promote, encourage and sustain student interest in insurance, risk management and actuarial science as professions
- Encourage high moral and scholarly attainment
- Facilitate the interaction and cooperation of educational institutions, industry and professional organizations by fostering research, scholarship and improved public relations
By joining our organization, you will build relationships and connections with your fellow students. You will also learn from the speakers we invite from risk management agencies and major international companies. Please join us if your major is Risk Management and Insurance or Actuarial Science, or your minor is Insurance.
Financial Management Association
The purpose of the Financial Management Association is to:
- Broaden the common interests between academics and practitioners
- Provide opportunities for professional interaction between and among academics, professionals and students
- Promote the development and understanding of basic and applied research and of sound financial practices
- Enhance the quality of education in finance
We host meetings every other Wednesday and occasionally take field trips. If you are interested in joining us, please contact our faculty advisor.