The Digital Professor Academy is a community of practice designed to provide support for faculty who are designing, developing, teaching, or revising online and blended courses. This faculty support program will assist faculty throughout course development by providing support on pedagogy, course design, and teaching through technology. The program is delivered online with a face-to-face orientation meeting at the beginning. Throughout the semester, various teaching with technology workshops are offered to faculty. Faculty are also encouraged to meet with Instructional Designers in face-to-face sessions on course development, pedagogical best practices, and methods of assessments, during the semester.
Online Course Development Guiding Principles and Philosophy:
- The design and facilitation of online instruction requires both technical and pedagogical skills
- Faculty should be supported throughout the entire development process and teaching of online courses
- Support services should be flexible and provided through varied program formats
- Learning communities and the sharing of best practices impacts the quality of online instruction and promotes continuous professional growth
- Faculty should be recognized and rewarded for their commitment to professional development and the enhancement of quality online instruction
You need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.