We all need to do our part to help conserve water wherever and whenever we can. Water is a precious commodity that will over time become even more so.
Ways you can help:
- Take short showers; try to keep the shower time down to 5 minutes or less.
- Don’t let water constantly run while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Run only full loads in your dishwasher and clothes washer.
- Report dripping faucets and running toilets
- Keep a pitcher of drinking water in your refrigerator to avoid running tap water until it is cool
Did you know that:
- A faucet discharges 1.5 gallons per minute
- A dishwasher uses about 10 gallons per wash
- An average washing machine uses 40 gallons per load
- Showerheads use 2.5 gallons of water per minute
- Bathtubs use 25 – 40 gallons of water
- Average toilets use 1.6 – 2 gallons per flush
Average personal Water usage:
- Flushing the toilet 42%
- Bathing/Showering 32%
- Laundry 14%
- Drinking or cooking 4%
- Other water uses _8%
Facilities Maintenance is attempting to do its part by complying with the measures noted in the Missouri State University Water Conservation Plan. You can view it at http://www.missouristate.edu/facilities/ .