Missouri State University is a community of people with respect for diversity and is committed to providing equal opportunity to its academic and work settings and ensuring its campuses are free of discrimination and harassment. The university believes a rich diversity of people and points of view enhances the quality of the learning, working, and living environment at Missouri State University.
The Office for Institutional Equity and Compliance was established to provide leadership for the university's commitment and efforts to promote institutional equity and a diverse university community free of discrimination and harassment. We provide counseling, advice, and information to all members of the university community in the shared effort to create a diverse and inclusive learning, working, and living environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Although the Office for Institutional Equity and Compliance is formally charged with ensuring the university's compliance to federal, state, and local affirmative action and equal opportunity laws, providing affirmative action and equal opportunity is the shared responsibility of all members of the university community.
Major Compliance and Program Areas
- Affirmative Action
- Employee Disability Accommodation
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Nondiscrimination (non-merit factors: age, sex, race, religion, etc)
- Religious Accommodations
- Diversity Hiring Pogram
- Dual Career Assistance Program
- Disability Accommodations for Employees
Outreach and Training
- Conducting Legal and Effective Search
- Various trainings are available on OIEC related topics. To discuss or request a training, please contact the office.
- Preventing Employment Discrimination (online course)
- Preventing Sex Harassment (online course)