Individual course descriptions can be found in the undergraduate course catalog
A. Required Courses - All students must take the following courses (21 credit hours).
- ECO 155 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 165 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 308 Basic Statistics for Economists (or equivalent)
- ECO 365 Intermediate Microeconomics
- ECO 385 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECO 409 Applied Econometrics
- ECO 490 Senior Research Seminar
B. Elective Courses - Select another 15 hours of Economics courses. The most frequently offered courses are listed below, but others are also available
- ECO 305 Money and Banking
- ECO 310 Labor Economics
- ECO 316 Sports and Entertainment Economics
- ECO 325 Government and Business
- ECO 345 Asian Economies
- ECO 346 International Economics Development
- ECO 435 Economic Analysis of Law
- ECO 450 Location of Economic Activity
- ECO 456 Comparative Economic Systems
- ECO 473 Mathematical Economics
- ECO 504 Health Care Economics
- ECO 515 Public Finance
- ECO 540 Economics of the Environment
- ECO 565 International Economics
- ECO 585 Advanced Economic Analysis
Students must select either Plan A or Plan B below:
Plan A: Concentration of at least 18 hours in any discipline in which a major is offered.
Plan B: Concentration of at least 9 hours in each of two disciplines in which a major is offered.
All students must fulfill the University requirements for a Bachelor of Science Degree. See the Undergraduate Catalog for a list of such requirements.
Students must also fulfill the general education requirements at Missouri State.