Dean of Students Office
A Department in the Division of Student Affairs at Missouri State University
To empower students to achieve personal and educational goals.
We intend to fulfill this mission by:
- Facilitating the University’s mission of graduating educated persons.
- Increasing student awareness of the University’s selection as the Public Affairs University for the state of Missouri.
- Creating a welcoming and respectful environment where all views are encouraged and heard.
- Encouraging student participation in University and community affairs through student participation in Student Governance and University committees.
- Advocating for student inclusion in University decisions that directly affect students.
- Informing students of their rights and responsibilities as members of the University community.
- Offering opportunities for learning and practicing acceptable behavioral choices.
- Holding students accountable for their actions.
- Responding to real and perceived threats to the University community.
- Listening to students.
- Practicing and teaching civility.