Through innovative consultation and collaboration, the Disability Resource Center leads the campus community in its commitments to recognize disability as a valued aspect of diversity, to embrace access as a matter of social justice, and design more welcoming and inclusive environments.
- Human variation is natural and vital in the development of dynamic communities.
- Disability is a social/political concept that includes people with a variety of conditions who share common experiences.
- Inclusion and full participation are matters of social justice.
- Design is powerful and profoundly influences our daily lives.
- Universal design is essential for achieving inclusion and full participation.
- Creating usable, equitable, sustainable, and inclusive environments is a shared responsibility.