In conjunction with the Community Principles and overall mission of Missouri State University, the Disability Resource Center appreciates disability as an integral part of the university experience. We are committed to providing equal access and opportunity to all campus programs and services for persons with disabilities. Through collaboration and support of the entire campus community, the Disability Resource Center promotes disability pride, self-determination of the student, and universally accessible design principles, so that everyone has full access to University life.
- Human variation is natural and vital in the development of dynamic communities.
- Disability is a social/political concept that includes people with a variety of conditions who share common experiences.
- Inclusion and full participation are matters of social justice.
- Design is powerful and profoundly influences our daily lives.
- Universal design is essential for achieving inclusion and full participation.
- Creating usable, equitable, sustainable, and inclusive environments is a shared responsibility.