Mission Statement, Goals and Outcomes
To prepare competent dietitians who are citizen scholars, with expertise in either public affairs or rural health, who will meet the need of dietetic practitioners across the nation.
Goal 1: The dietetic internship will prepare graduates to be competent for practice as entry-level dietitians.
- Over a five year period, the first-time pass rate for internship graduates taking the registration examination will be at least 80 percent.
- At least 90 percent of interns enrolled in the dietetic internship certificate program will complete the program requirements within 13.5 months.
- Over a five-year period, 70 percent or more of internship graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within three months of program completion.
- Over a five year period, at least 80 percent of employed graduates who respond to the online survey will rate themselves as prepared or well prepared for their first dietetics related position.
Goal 2: The dietetic internship will prepare graduates with life-long learning skills who will enhance the dietetic profession and demonstrate leadership in the field of dietetics.
- Over a five-year period, 80 percent of graduates will have participated in professional development activities or be enrolled in an advanced degree program.
- Over a five-year period, at least 50 percent of the graduates will become members of a local, state, or national dietetic professional organization.
- Over a five-year period, at least 75 percent of employers who respond to an online survey on program graduates in their first year of employment will rate the graduates as above average in professional knowledge and leadership skills as compared to other entry-level registered dietitians.
Goal 3: The dietetic internship will emphasize and model a commitment to community engagement and prepare graduates who are socially accountable.
- Annually, 100 percent of the dietetic internship faculty will indicate they participate in one or more community engagement activities.
- Over a five-year period, 75 percent of the internship graduates will have volunteered for a community event or organization.
Outcome Measure Results
1. First time pass rate for the 2012 internship graduates on the registration examination was 100%.
2. All 2012 internship graduates who sought employment in dietetics were employed within 3 months of graduation.