Students who wish to apply to the Dietetic Internship Certificate Program must adhere to the following application processes:
1. Submit DICAS application
The Missouri State Dietetic Internship is using the online centralized internship application, Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Process (DICAS).
2. Register online with D & D Digital Computer Matching
- Register at D&D Digital.
- Select Dietetic Internship priority rankings by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on April 6, 2015.
- D&D Digital registration fee: $50, payable to D&D Digital.
3. Selection considerations
- For selection considerations and interview information, please see the Admission Requirements section of the Missouri State Dietetic Internship website.
- Applicants who receive a match to the Missouri State University Dietetic Internship must call to accept or decline the match on or before 6:00 p.m. Central Time on April 13, 2015. This call should be made to Hillary Roberts, MS, RD, LD, Program Director, Missouri State University at 417-836-8884. In addition applicants must e-mail a letter of acceptance or rejection to Hillary Roberts on or before April 13, 2015.
5. Second Round Match
- If Missouri State University Dietetic Internship has open spots after first round matching, second round matching will begin at 11:00 a.m. Central Time, April 16, 2015.
- Applications will be accepted from 11:00 a.m. on April 16 through 12:00 p.m. Central Time, April 22, 2015.
- Submit application to DICAS.
- From April 17 through 10:00 a.m. Central Time on April 23, the selection committee will review all of the applications, select applicants for a telephone interview and conduct these interviews.
- Applicants who are selected will be invited into the program after 11:00 a.m. Central Time on April 23, 2015 until the spots are filled.
6. Apply to the Graduate College
- After accepting the match to the Dietetic Internship, students must apply to Missouri State's Graduate College here.
- There is a $35.00 application fee.
7. Pay Confirmation Deposit
- Once students are admitted into the Dietetic Internship, have been accepted into the Graduate College, and receive their BearPass log-in they then must pay a placeholder fee of $500.00 known as the confirmation deposit. Please follow the link below to the College of Health and Human Services Confirmation Deposit site.
- The deadline to pay this fee is 6 weeks after the spring match Appointment Day occurring in April of each year.
All applications are initially screened by the following criteria:
Applications meeting these criteria are reviewed by the Program Director and Application Review Committee, scored according to standardized criteria, and ranked by these preliminary scores. Top applicants are then contacted for personal or phone interviews. The interviews are an opportunity for applicants to share additional information about their qualifications, demonstrate their knowledge and critical thinking skills, and learn more about the MSU Dietetic Internship as needed.
After thorough discussions of competitive applicants, the Application Review Committee ranks applicants for the matching process.
There are two areas of concentration in the certificate program, rural health or public affairs. You will choose only one concentration area after being admitted into the program. Selection of a concentration area will occur during the didactic component of the community rotation, when you complete your public health project. As part of that project, you will provide rationale for the concentration area you wish to pursue. You will then meet with the DI director to discuss and design your unique rotation that meets your interests. You are primarily responsible for designing this rotation.