To begin course work in communication sciences and disorders, you initially need to be admitted to Missouri State. Before completing 75 credit hours, you must also be admitted to a degree program.
Declaring your major
You can officially declare or change your major as communication sciences and disorders by visiting the Academic Advisement Center located in University Hall, Room 109. For more information, contact the Academic Advisement Center at 417-836-5258.
Admission to the Bachelor of Science degree program in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders will be granted to students, including transfer students, when the requirements indicated below have been met.
- Attainment of at least a 2.50 grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) on all coursework attempted at Missouri State. For those students with transfer credit, a combined grade point average of at least a 2.50 must be achieved for all coursework being transferred plus all coursework attempted at Missouri State.
- The completion of a minimum of 50 semester hours including the following General Education courses. Please check with your advisor concerning any options for any of the these courses.
- Four hours of Biological Science
- Four hours of Physical Science
- Three hours of Mathematics (comparable to MTH 135)
- Three hours of Psychology (comparable to PSY 121)
- Three hours of the General Education Culture and Society Area of Inquiry
- Six hours of the General Education Self-Understanding Area of Inquiry