To begin course work in communication sciences and disorders, you initially need to be admitted to Missouri State. Before completing 75 credit hours, you must also be admitted to a degree program.
Declaring your major
You can officially declare or change your major as communication sciences and disorders by visiting the Academic Advisement Center located in University Hall, Room 109. For more information, contact the Academic Advisement Center at 417-836-5258.
Admission to the Bachelor of Science degree program in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders will be granted to students, including transfer students, when the requirements indicated below have been met.
- Attainment of at least a 2.90 grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) on all coursework attempted. For those students with transfer credit, a combined grade point average of at least a 2.90 must be achieved for all coursework being transferred plus all coursework attempted at Missouri State.
- The completion of a minimum of 50 semester hours including the following General Education courses, which must be passed with a grade of "C" or better. Please select from the course below to be eligible for consideration of acceptance to the major. Course options were selected to fulfill Knowledge and Skills in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD). Please check with your advisor to determine any available substitutions..
- Chemistry: CHM 107(3) or 116(4) or Physics: PHY 100(4)* or 123(4)* or 203(5)*
- Biology: BIO 101(3) or 121(4)* or Biomedical Science: BMS 100(3) and 101(1)* or BMS 110(3) and 111(1)*
- College level mathematics course that meets Focus on Quantitative Literacy requirement
- Nine hours from the Focus on Social and Behavioral Sciences, Focus on Humanities, Focus on the Arts, or Focus on Public Issues
*Must complete at least one of the above science courses that have a lab component