Graduate Application Process and Deadlines
Completed application must be received by CSDCAS and noted as complete by February 1st to be considered for the fall semester. The number of students who can enter the program each year is limited. Admission to the program is competitive.
Full admission to the program shall be based on the following components and application requirements/deadlines:
- A Bachelor's degree in CSD. (For those with a non-CSD undergraduate degree, please contact the department at 417-836-5368).
- The student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better (4.00 scale). Additionally, GPA withing the CSD undergraduate major must be a 3.00 or better.
- Graduate Record Examination. GRE scores are considered along with GPA and other application components. GRE scores must be submitted through CSDCAS by choosing the MSU designation (code 0741).
CSDCAS application service. Students will submit applications through CSDCAS and those who are accepted to the program and commit to attending Missouri State University will be required to complete an application to the MSU Graduate College. Information will be supplied when admission is offered. For instructions on the CSDCAS application process, please visit the CSDCAS website at www.csdcas.org.
Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing additional admission requirements
Students applying to the Master's program in EDHH will not be using the CSDCAS, but will need to apply through the MSU Graduate College. For more information on this please refer to the Graduate College web page at http://graduate.missouristate.edu.
The following 3 components should be mailed or faxed directly to the department at: Communication Sciences and Disorders, Missouri State University, 901 S National Ave., Springfield, MO 65987; Phone 417-836-5368; Fax 417-836-4242.
- Graduate Assistantship Application.
- Three letters of recommendation directly from individuals able to speak of the applicant's academic and/or practicum achievements.
- A Personal Statement. This can be a hard copy of the statement from the application or a letter of intent.
Graduate assistant opportunities
Those applying to the AuD, SLP, or EDHH program can access the Graduate Assistant Application. Please send your GA application by February 1 to the department at: Communication Sciences and Disorders, Missouri State University, 901 S National Ave., Springfield, MO 65987; Phone 417-836-5368; Fax 417-836-4242.
We will contact you at various times during the application process to apprise you of your application status. If you would like to schedule a visit to our campus, please contact Cathy Hall at 417-836-5368.