Reservations and catering: What you need to know
What does the Event and Meeting Services Office (EMSO) do?
- Help plan your event from start to finish
- Checks for space availability
- Schedules space for your event
- Provides setup and technical services within the Union
- Helps you with other services such as catering, decorating, security, parking, and physical plant requests
- Provide written confirmation once reservation details have been confirmed
Where do I go?
- Event and Meeting Services – Plaster Student Union – 3rd Floor – Room 302
- Email Request
- Event and Meeting Services website
Who can make a reservation?
Any member of a Recognized student organization can make a reservation to use University space for an activity for that organization
When do I need to request space?
- Up to a year in advance for events in Plaster Student Union (As soon as you begin planning for a large event, talk to us about what you need and how we can help)
- Request for space in other buildings can be reserved as soon as the class schedule is set for the semester
*Event and Meeting Services Office can reserve academic space as follows:
|Fall Semester:||Starting on April 1|
|Spring Semester:||Starting on October 1|
|Summer Session:||Starting on February 1|
These reservations can be confirmed only after space for classes is assigned for the semester. Confirmation of reservation will be sent within 48 hours of request.
*These dates are subject to change and are dependent on Academic Classes being scheduled
How long does it take and where do I get a confirmation?
- 24 hour turnaround time for non-academic buildings
- Requests that involve other departments and/or services may take up to 3 days (For large events involving special set ups and equipment, we need all information from you at least 2 weeks before your event)
- Academic buildings can take up to 48 hours
- Confirmation will be emailed to the group contact
- All equipment, setup, and labor needs must be requested 10 business days in advance and in writing.
What if we need to cancel a meeting or an event?
- To cancel a meeting or event:
- Email Event and Meeting Services
- Call us at 417-836-5653
- Stop by PSU Room 302
If you do not cancel an event, charges for labor, equipment and food will still apply
- Catering cancellation must be made 3 business days prior to your event
**There is a Cancellation/No Show Policy for groups that do not cancel their events being held within the PSU. Please see the PSU Policy for specific details**
What if we want to have food?
- Food is allowed in all areas of PSU and in certain areas of other buildings
- Food must be ordered through Missouri State Catering or PSU food court vendors
- Individuals may provide food for their personal consumption
- Recognized Student Organizations may provide prepackaged foods that do not require refrigeration, heating, mixing, or other preparation for closed meeting and events
- Recognized Student Organizations may conduct authorized bake sales of products prepared by their members as fundraisers at locations specified in the Missouri State Advertising and Solicitation Policy
- Food must be ordered three weeks prior to your event
- Final guaranteed numbers for food must be given 3 business days prior to your event
- Missouri State Catering is located in the Event and Meeting Services Office (PSU 302)
**Other exceptions t the policy must be requested at least one month prior to the event with a Request for Food Service Waiver form. Each request for a waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis**
Okay, what does all this cost?
PSU Room Rental
The PSU has a 3-tiered pricing structure
- Student Organizations do not pay room rental unless they are charging people to attend their event.
- If admissions is charged then the organization will be charged the lesser of a set room fee or 10$ of gross receipts
- To be eligible for the 10% rate, each organization must turn in a Fixed Room Fee Waiver form within 2 business days after your event.
- There are set up charges of $18 when you need a different setup than the standard one in PSU
- If an organization does not leave the room the way they found it they will be charged labor fees to return it to standard set up
- The ballroom always incurs a setup fee because there is no standard set up. The charge varies depending on the amount of setup is needed. The fee starts at $18/hour.
- Check with the Event and Meeting Services Office for any special set up charges
- Rooms in other campus buildings must be used in their standard set up
- PSU has an extensive list of audio/visual equipment that you can rent for your event
- PSU equipment cannot be taken out of the Union
- Student Organizations can bring in their own equipment or reserve equipment through FCTL equipment Lending in Meyer Library
- Student Organizations are responsible for taking FCTL equipment back to Meyer Library
- The PSU is not responsible for any equipment brought into the Union
- Menu options and pricing can be found on the catering within this website
- To talk with a catering representative please call 836-5046 or 836-4629
When/how do we pay for services?
- Invoices are issued and emailed after your event
- If your event has catered food you will receive two (2) invoices - one from Missouri State Catering and one from Event and Meeting Services
- Charges will appear on a monthly statement from MSU Financial Services
- Charges made to your Student Organization account may be paid at the Bursar’s Office
What we need from you?
- Make request for services as far in advance as possible
- Involve us in the planning process
- Keep us informed of any changes made to your event
- All equipment, setup, and labor needs must be requested 10 business days in advance and in writing
Event and Meeting Services and Missouri State Catering Staff