If you plan to graduate in Spring 2014, this is what you should be doing to prepare for graduation. The complete Spring 2014 commencement website will be available in late December 2013.
Bachelors Degree Candidates
Have you submitted an Application to Graduate? You must submit an application in order for your records to be reviewed for eligibility for graduation, for your diploma to be ordered, and for your name to be printed in the commencement program. If you submit your application through My Missouri State, you will receive a confirmation message that your submission has been received as well as some additional graduation information. You must apply by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 28, 2014 in order for your name to be printed in the spring 2014 commencement program.
Seniors may submit an online application through My Missouri State. On the Academics tab, look for “Apply to Graduate” in the Commencement channel.
Seniors who cannot access My Missouri State may complete a .pdf version of the Application to Graduate but will not receive a confirmation and information e-mail like those who file electronically. The completed form can be faxed, scanned/emailed to the Office of the Registrar at Registrar@missouristate.edu, or brought to the office in Carrington Hall 320.
- Have you reviewed your degree audit to make sure that you are ready to graduate? Go to My Missouri State and request a current degree audit after you register for your final semester of classes. Look for any deficiencies and incomplete grades. If you have any questions regarding your graduation eligibility, please contact your academic advisor or come by the Office of the Registrar in Carrington 320. Remember to rerun your degree audit after each semester's grading to ensure no additional deficiencies are created by recently earned grades.
- Have you taken the University Exit Exam (formally known as the University Assessment Exam or General Education Assessment Exit Exam)? Seniors must take the University Exit Exam. Registration for this exam takes place through the general registration system by enrolling in GEN 499. See the Exit Exam website for more information. There is no statute of limitation on the validity of the exam once it is completed.
Master, Specialist, and Doctoral Degree Candidates
- Have you submitted an Application for Graduation? You must submit an Application for Graduation in order for your records to be reviewed for eligibility for graduation, for your diploma to be ordered, and for your name to be printed in the commencement program. You must apply by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 28, 2014 in order for your name to be printed in the spring 2014 commencement program. Apply online at https://www.missouristate.edu/secure/graduate/onlinegradapp.htm or in person at the Graduate College (Carrington Hall 306).
- Have you verified that you will meet all graduation requirements? You should check with your academic advisor or the Graduate College to ensure that you will meet all graduation requirements.
Division of Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremonies
Friday, May 16, 2014
10:00 a.m. Ceremony
- College of Business
1:30 p.m. Ceremony
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Public Affairs
- Global Studies majors
5:00 p.m. Ceremony
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- William H. Darr School of Agriculture
If you are unsure of your college, check the list of majors and colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When should I apply to graduate?
A: Seniors may submit an Application to Graduate for Spring 2014 starting October 30, 2013. It is recommended that undergraduate students register for their final semester of classes, review their degree audit for any unresolved issues, and then file an Application to Graduate.
Graduate students can submit an Application for Graduation any time prior to Commencement, but are encouraged to do so as soon as they have registered for their final semester of coursework.
Q: When will my degree be posted and my diploma mailed, etc.?
A: This information will be available when the spring 2014 Commencement website is available in late December. In the meantime, you can fine these dates on the University's Academic Calendar for your intended semester of graduation.