All faculty and staff are invited to participate in the commencement ceremonies. In order to facilitate your participation, the University will assume the cost of renting your gown. Our contract allows each participant to keep his or her cap and hood to use in future commencement ceremonies. If you plan to participate in the Fall 2013 commencement ceremonies, please print the Faculty Regalia Order Form, complete and return it to the Enrollment Services office (Carrington Hall 425) by campus mail, email, or fax (extension 65992) so that it is received by October 4, 2013. We cannot process late requests. Please direct any questions regarding academic regalia to Julie Spinabella in the Enrollment Services office (Carrington 425), campus extension 64329. Regalia that has been ordered may be picked up at the Bookstore on December 9-12, 2013.
Division of Commencement Ceremonies
Friday, December 13, 2013
12: 30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
There are two ceremonies and undergraduate division is by college of major (program of study). If you are unsure of your college, check the list of majors and colleges.
Masters and Specialists degree candidates will march together with all other graduate degree candidates.
- Education majors will march with the college of their major. Please see the following examples:
- Business Education majors would walk with the College of Business.
- Music Education majors would walk with the College of Arts and Letters since the Department of Music is in the College of Arts and Letters.
- Physical Education majors would walk with the College of Health and Human Services since the Department of Kinesiology is in the College of Health and Human Services.
- Child and Family Development, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, and Special Education majors are in the College of Education. Secondary education majors do not walk as part of the College of Education.
- The Administrative Studies (Master of Science) major is a cross-disciplinary program with multiple option areas. Students are encouraged to participate in the ceremony of the college to which their selected option area is assigned.
- Individualized majors (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) are interdisciplinary by nature. Students pursing an individualized major are encouraged to walk with the college in which their primary department (and advisor) are assigned.
12:30 p.m. Ceremony
College of Arts and Letters
College of Health and Human Services
College of Humanities and Public Affairs
College of Natural and Applied Sciences
William H. Darr School of Agriculture
Global Studies majors
4:00 p.m. Ceremony
College of Business
College of Education
Commencement Day Instructions
Faculty and staff participants are to assemble at the racquetball court area in Hammons Student Center 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony for donning regalia and marshalling. A light buffet will be served. Participants will line up in Hammons Student Center then march to the main floor of JQH Arena, where the ceremony will be held. The ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
The University must have at least one week's notice of any disability accommodation (other than seating) in order to serve the needs identified. That notice must be given to Mr. Andrew Wright, Commencement Chair and Assistant Vice-President/Director of Admissions, at (417) 836-5517.