The J.C. and Sara Edna Young Scholarship
The J.C. and Sara Edna Young Scholarship will be awarded annually to a full-time student:
- with a declared major in the College of Humanities and Public Affairs, with preference given to Economics, Political Science, or Military Science
- preference is given to but not limited to graduates of Mountain Grove High School or Cabool High School (or other high schools in Wright or Texas Counties of Missouri)
- for an incoming freshman, consideration will be given to high school performance, college potential as indicated by aptitude tests, and to leadership qualities.
- for a student enrolled at the sophomore level or higher, the student must have maintained an overall GPA of at least 3.00.
- preference given to students who exhibit a record of service and leadership (such as participation in student government, officer of a service organization, or captain of a varsity athletic team).
Preference will be given to those applicants who demonstrate financial need.
TO APPLY YOU MUST USE THE ON-LINE APPLICATION FOUND AT http://www.missouristate.edu/FinancialAid/scholarships/GeneralScholarships.htm
Missouri State is a community of people with respect for diversity. The University emphasizes the dignity and equality common to all persons and adheres to a strict nondiscrimination policy regarding the treatment of individual faculty, staff, and students. In accord with federal law and applicable Missouri statutes, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in any program or activity offered or sponsored by the University. In addition, the University does not discriminate on any basis not related to the applicable requirements for students or the applicable job requirements for employees. The Unversity maintains a grievance procedure incorporating due process available to any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against. Missouri State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Inquiries concerning the grievance procedure, Affirmative Action Plan, or compliance with federal and state laws and guidelines should be addressed to Wes Pratt, Equal Opportunity Officer, 901 S. National, Springfield, MO 65897; 417-836-4252.