To promote and enhance lifelong learning, health and well-being
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) focuses on improving the health and well-being of people in Missouri, the nation, and the global community through education, research, and service. CHHS values multidisciplinary approaches, instills the public affairs mission, and encourages students and faculty to develop lifelong learning skills.
Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Excellence, Cultural Sensitivity, Responsibility
1. Recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who support quality instruction, research and service in accordance with the public affairs mission and University goals
2. Recruit, retain and support quality students who will become engaged citizens committed to using their education to fulfill the CHHS mission
3. Develop, assess and maintain quality educational programs consistent with the CHHS mission and University goals
4. Develop relationships with entities internal and external to the University to support academic programs and to fulfill our public affairs mission
5. Nurture an inclusive educational environment that teaches respect for diverse capabilities, backgrounds, thoughts and values among students, faculty and staff
6. Create and foster an environment that encourages and supports research (with a special emphasis on multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary) for the discovery, application and dissemination of new knowledge.