The Office of Citizenship and Service-Learning offers a scholarship to fund faculty travel that pertains to the CASL department. Here are the stipulations for these funds and a brief list of requirements for requests.
- Awards are generally made in the $300 range.
- Awards are for presentations at professional conferences, which deal with service-learning or community based research. So for example, if a faculty member will be presenting at a professional conference on a service-learning project that their class performed, that would be considered. Research that is based in and benefits the community in a substantial form will be considered as well.
- Preference will be given to requests that have departmental or college monetary support.
- To be reimbursed for funds, faculty will need to submit to the CASL office a brief report on the presentation (e.g., How did it go? Any questions? Any new contacts? etc.) with the travel expense form.
- Funds are limited and may be expended without further notice.
- To make a request: Faculty should send in a brief memo containing the following:
- A one paragraph description of the conference. How large will it be?
- Who will be attending? What professional organization it is associated with? Etc.
- An abstract of the presentation or paper, no longer than 200 words
- An itemized budget of the request, giving an amount for each line-item, as well as a total amount (though CASL may not fund any or only part of the request).
- These items should be sent via e-mail to Katherine Nordyke, Director @ KatherineNordyke@MissouriState.edu.