MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
September 2, 2009
1. Roll Call:
Present - Mr. Gordon Elliott, Governor (by conference call)
Mr. Brian Hammons, Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Ms. Phyllis Washington, Vice-Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Absent - Mr. Michael Duggan, Governor
Present - Michael Nietzel, President
Ken McClure, Vice President for Administrative and Information Services
Clif Smart, General Counsel
Paul Kincaid, Chief of Staff
Nila Hayes, Chief Financial Officer
Drew Bennett, Chancellor of the West Plains Campus (by conference call)
Brad Kielhofner, Superintendent of Design & Construction
Doug Sampson, University Architect & Director of Campus Planning
John McAlear, Secretary of the Board
2. Presiding — Mr. Brian Hammons, Chair of the Board of Governors, called the Executive Committee conference-call meeting to order at 8:35 a.m. in Room 203 of Carrington Hall on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
3. West Plains Campus – Dr. Drew Bennett, Chancellor of the West Plains Campus, presented a resolution (Item II.A.) approving the lease of property located at 105 S. Curry Avenue, West Plains, Missouri from All Saints Episcopal Church of West Plains, Missouri, Inc., for $1.00. He explained that this facility will be used to house a Single Parent Educational Resource Center. Moved by Mr. Elliott and seconded by Ms. Washington.
Motion passed 3-0.
4. Purchases/Contracts – Ms. Nila Hayes, Chief Financial Officer, presented a resolution (Item III.A.) approving the Procurement Activity Report for purchase requests received August 27-28, 2009. She summarized that the two items on the report were: 1) an agreement with Concept Tours, Inc., to organize, sponsor, and provide travel arrangements and related services for the University’s Concert Chorale and alumni and friends in a concert tour of Austria from May 15, 2010 to May 26, 2010 with all funding provided by the participating students and attendees; and, 2) a purchase order to En Pointe Technologies as a single source for the Microsoft Campus Agreement covering the Desktop Package, Front Page, and Visual Studio by all faculty and staff at the Springfield, Mountain Grove, and West Plains campuses. Moved by Mr. Elliott and seconded by Ms. Washington.
Motion passed 3-0.
5. Facilities and Equipment – Mr. Ken McClure, Vice President for Administrative and Information Systems, presented the following resolutions for the committee’s consideration:
Approval of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Springfield relating to the use of Hammons Student Center by the City (Item IV.A.)
Approval to increase the project budget for the renovation of Siceluff Hall (Item IV.B). This $50,000 budget increase brings the total project budget to $9,989,355.
Approval to increase the project budget for the sidewalk repairs at Temple Hall Plaza on the Springfield Campus (Item IV.C). This $15,000 budget increase brings the total project budget to $113,500.
The nursing simulation lab at the Professional Building (Item IV.D.); Federal Construction Inc., low bid of $151,159 for the base bid; total project budget established at $250,000.
Architectural and engineering services in conjunction with the design and construction of a new underground utility tunnel from McDonald Arena to the new recreation center (Item IV.E.); Cannon Design, for a fixed fee of $75,000 plus reimbursable expenses. Additional services of up to $20,000 as described in this agreement may be authorized and approved.
Moved by Ms. Washington and seconded by Mr. Elliott
Motion passed 3-0.
6. Adjournment — Mr. Hammons adjourned the conference call meeting at 9:00 a.m. on the motion of Ms. Washington, the second of Mr. Elliott, and the unanimous vote of the committee.
John W. McAlear
Secretary of the Board