OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
1. Roll Call
Present — Ms. Mary Sheid, Chair of the Board, (by conference call)
Mr. Michael Duggan, Vice-Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Mr. Gordon Elliott, Governor (by conference call)
Present — Michael Nietzel, President
John Black, General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Board of Governors
Greg Burris, Vice President for Administrative and Information Services
Kent Kay, Chief Financial Officer
Paul Kincaid, Chief of Staff
Ken McClure, Associate Vice President for Administrative Services
Doug Sampson, University Architect
Mike Wills, Director of Procurement
2. Agenda — Attached
3. Presiding — Ms. Mary Sheid, Chair of the Board of Governors, called the Executive Committee meeting to order at 1:03 p.m. in Room 203 of Carrington Hall on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
4. Purchases activity — Mr. Kay presented for consideration the purchase activity report for purchase of an STC Enterprise Scheduler by AppWorx for approximately $148,300 and a Squid Magnetometer for $405,000, as explained in Item II.A. Mr. Kay explained that the savings on the Enterprise Scheduler on approval by October 31, 2007, was $26,000, and that the savings on approval by that date on the magnetometer was $21,400. Approval of item II.A. was moved by Mr. Elliott, seconded by Mr. Duggan, unanimously approved, confirmed by roll call vote: in favor, Governors Duggan, Elliott and Sheid. Opposed, none.
5. Design and Construction — Mr. Burris presented for consideration item number III.A, Approval of Consultant for Civil Engineering Services for Storm Water Improvements in Conjunction with the JQH Arena. Mr. Burris explained that groundwater along John Q. Hammons Parkway had been a long-standing problem that has needed to be addressed for many years, and that the location of the JQH Arena requires that the issue now be addressed. Mr. Burris indicated the likely solution was a large underground detention basin. He said there had been conversations with the City, and that a verbal commitment was received from the City for cost sharing. Details are currently being negotiated to share the cost of the expense. Dr. Nietzel stated he thought a division of costs between the University and the City was appropriate. Mr. Burris indicated that because of the intention to turn the use of a section of the street into a transit way in the University’s long-range plan, cost would be shared between the transit budget and the JQH Arena for the University’s portion.
Approval of III.A was moved by Mr. Duggan, seconded by Mr. Elliott, unanimously approved, and confirmed by roll call vote: in favor, Governors Duggan, Elliott and Sheid. Opposed, none.
6. President’s Report — President Nietzel discussed with the members of the Executive Committee present the December 14, 2007, Board of Governors meeting to be held that morning in conjunction with Commencement later in the day. A discussion was held as to whether or not committee meetings could be held before the 9 a.m. Board meeting or after Commencement at approximately 3 p.m. Mr. Duggan expressed a preference for a finance committee meeting prior to the Board meeting. It was a determination that times and locations for committee meetings were yet to be determined.
7. Adjournment — Upon motion by Mr. Duggan, seconded by Mr. Elliot, upon unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at approximately 1:25 p.m.
John F. Black
Assistant Secretary to the Board