MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
January 22, 2009
1. Roll Call
Present — Mr. Michael Duggan, Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Mr. Gordon Elliott, Governor (by conference call)
Mr. Brian Hammons, Vice-Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Absent- Ms. Phyllis Washington, Governor
Present — Michael Nietzel, President
Ken McClure, Vice President for Administrative and Information Services
Clif Smart, General Counsel
Jim Baker, Vice President for Research and Economic Development
Nila Hayes, Chief Financial Officer
William Rowe, Director of Athletics
Dale Moore, University Facilities Analyst
Doug Sampson, University Architect & Director of Campus Planning
John McAlear, Secretary of the Board
2. Presiding — Mr. Michael Duggan, Chair of the Board of Governors, called the Executive Committee conference-call meeting to order at 2:05 p.m. in Room 203 of Carrington Hall on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
3. Purchases/Contracts — Ms. Nila Hayes, Chief Financial Officer first presented the following two resolutions for the committee’s consideration:
A Purchasing Activity Report (Item II.A.) for journal subscription renewals at the Meyer Library costing $267,519.08.
A Purchasing Activity Report (Item II.B.) for an Omneon video server at Ozarks Public Television costing $239,838.
Motion to approve was made by Mr. Elliott and seconded by Mr. Hammons.
Motion passed 3-0.
4. Facilities and Equipment – Mr. Ken McClure, Vice President for Administrative and Information Systems, next presented the following resolutions for the committee’s consideration:
Modifications to room 116 in Kemper Hall (Item III.A.); Nabholz Client Services, best bid of $288,878; total project budget set at $390,000.
Architectural and engineering design services in conjunction with phase III work to be done at the William H. Darr Agricultural Center (Item III.B.); The Clark Enersen Partners; for $128,000 plus reimbursable expenses. Additional services of up to $30,000 as described in this agreement may be authorized and approved as necessary.
Approval of a resolution granting easements to the City of Springfield for the redesign and construction of the intersection at National Avenue and Grand Street (Item III.C.).
Approval of a resolution granting Ingress-Egress Easement to the City of Springfield for emergency response (Item III.D.). This easement would be for the portions of Harrison Street and John Q. Hammons Parkway that were vacated to the University.
Approval of a resolution granting a Sanitary Sewer Easement to the City of Springfield (Item III.E.). This easement would be for the portions of Harrison Street and John Q. Hammons Parkway that were vacated to the University.
Motion made by Mr. Hammons and seconded by Mr. Elliott.
Motion passed 3-0.
5. President’s Report – Dr. Michael Nietzel, President, presented a resolution (Item IV.A.) approving a Cooperative Advertising Agreement with the City of Springfield to share revenue generated from selling advertisements on banner space at Killian Stadium, which will be used by the University softball team for practices and games. Revenue is to be divided evenly between the City and the University. Mr. Bill Rowe, Director of Athletics, further explained that the University will pay a fee to use the City’s facility with all ticket, program, and concession sales being the property of the University. Motion made by Mr. Hammons and seconded by Mr. Elliott.
Motion passed 3-0.
6. Adjournment — Mr. Duggan adjourned the conference call meeting at 2:35 p.m. on the motion of Mr. Elliott, the second of Mr. Hammons, and the unanimous vote of the committee.
John W. McAlear
Secretary of the Board