OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
August 13, 2008
1. Roll Call
Present — Mr. Michael Duggan, Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Mr. Gordon Elliott, Governor (by conference call)
Mr. Brian Hammons, Vice-Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Ms. Phyllis Washington, Governor (by conference call)
Present — Ken McClure, Associate Vice President for Administrative Services
Paul Kincaid, Chief of Staff
Clif Smart, General Counsel
Doug Sampson, University Architect
Mike Wills, Director of Procurement
Brad Kielhofner, Superintendent of Design & Construction
John McAlear, Secretary of the Board
2. Presiding — Mr. Michael Duggan, Chair of the Board of Governors, called the Executive Committee meeting to order at 9:05 a.m. in Room 203 of Carrington Hall on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
3. Purchases/Contracts – Mr. Mike Wills, Director of Procurement, presented a resolution (Item II.A.) approving furniture purchases for the JQH Arena.
Approval of the above resolution was moved by Mr. Hammons and seconded by Mr. Elliott; a roll call vote was taken, those in favor - Governors Elliott, Hammons, and Washington; those opposed – none.
Motion passed 3-0.
4. Facilities & Equipment — Mr. Ken McClure, Associate Vice President for Administrative Services presented the following resolutions for the Committee’s consideration:
Approval to increase the project budget for the integrated scoring and video display systems for the JQH Arena and Plaster Sports Complex (Item III.A.); this $800 increase brings the total project budget to $2,169,450.
Approval to increase the project budget for the asbestos abatement work at Siceluff Hall (Item III.B.); this $28,000 increase brings the total project budget to $95,000.
Approval to enter into a license agreement to accept a gift of construction relating to new lighting for the KSMS tower located south of Branson, Missouri (Item III.C.); Branson Airport, L.L.C., desires to provide the required lighting system as determined by the FAA for the tower.
Approval to purchase five properties from the city of Springfield in conjunction with the IDEA Commons concept (Item III.D.); it is proposed to offer $450,000 for the following properties:
* Solid States, 600 Block of North Boonville
* Springfield Mortuary, 530 North Boonville
* Binve, Boonville and Tampa
* MFA, 524 North Boonville
* Willow Brook warehouse, 521 North Jefferson
Approval of the above resolutions was moved by Ms. Washington and seconded by Mr. Elliott; a roll call vote was taken, those in favor - Governors Elliott, Hammons, and Washington; those opposed – none.
Motion passed 3-0.
4. Adjournment — Mr. Duggan adjourned the conference call meeting at 9:20 a.m. on the motion of Ms. Washington, the second of Mr. Hammons, and the unanimous vote of the committee.
John W. McAlear
Secretary of the Board