Application and Admission Requirements
Admission into the Graduate College and into the cell and molecular biology graduate program is required. Extensive reasearch and time in the laboratory is a part of this program. The following are admission requirements for the cell and molecular biology graduate program.
- Acceptance into the Graduate College
- Submit application along with the $35 non-refundable application fee
- Send transcripts from any previously attended universities to the Graduate College and make sure they include any graduate course work
- Have Graduate Record Examination scores sent to the Graduate College
- Acceptance into the MSCMB program
Admission to the program requires a strong science and mathematics background identical to that required of a student completing the undergraduate program in cell and molecular biology. In addition, admission to the program requires evidence that the applicant will be able to successfully complete a rigorous graduate program in the sciences at a high level of performance. Entrance into the program requires completion of the following.
- Two semesters of organic chemistry
- Two semesters of physics
- A course in calculus
- A bachelor's degree from a Missouri State University recognized accredited college or university and a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, overall, or for the last 60 hours
- Applicants must have:
a. an official transcript including all undergraduate work
b. three letters of recommendation
c. GRE scores
d. a statement of research interest
Applicants will be evaluated for admission based upon their submitted materials. By the end of the first semester, candidates must be accepted into a research laboratory by a member of the Graduate Faculty who becomes the student's advisor
International applicants should visit the page on conditional admission requirements for information about application and admission requirements.
Send the program application and at least three reference letter to the graduate program coordinator.