Why study cell and molecular biology at Missouri State?
- Cell and molecular biology is one of the fastest growing biological fields of study.
- Our classes are sequenced so you are continually building and reinforcing your knowledge in courses that cover a variety of different areas in the biomedical field.
- Two different degree plans, accelerated and traditional, are available to help you optimize your plan of study.
- Students in our program spend extensive time in our laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art testing equipment, where you will gain experience in scientific testing and conducting research.
- This program combines service-learning opportunities and volunteer opportunities to enhance your classroom knowledge. These experiences, along with faculty support, will prepare you to achieve your educational and career goals.
- You will be introduced to a wide range of specialized topics, including:
- developmental biology
- DNA technology
- cell physiology
- cancer biology
Incorporating a human focus
Human focus is the study of living individuals and the cells that provide the make-up of these individuals. The focus is on the mechanisms of life and the organizational order of cells and interactions that occur at each level. The study of these compounds combines scientific knowledge with laboratory research. Popular research in this growing field includes DNA, RNA, disease and disease treatment. You will use the sciences of biology, chemistry, physics, genetics and biochemistry to conduct research and study cell interactions.