University Marching Band Grants

University Marching Band Grants are available for students in the marching band, regardless of major.  Students may audition for a marching band grant during the spring semester of their senior year in high school.  Transfer students may audition during the spring semester as well. 

Band Grants are awarded on 1) ability, 2) needs of the band, and 3) available funds.

University Marching Band Grants can be renewed each semester, provided the following requirements are met.

• participate in marching band during the fall semester

• participate in assigned concert band in the spring semester

• enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester

• maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 by music majors, and 2.0 by non-music majors