Academic advising is one of the most important ingredients to a successful college experience.
- All students who have fewer than 75 completed semester hours on their transcript are required to meet with their academic advisor before registering each semester. Make sure and meet with your advisor early!
- If you are an undeclared/exploratory student and need to visit with an advisor, please call 417-836-5258 to make an appointment. We are located in University Hall 109. You may also check out some resources here.
- Declared majors should report to their academic major department to be assigned an advisor. Most declared students will have a department faculty member as an academic advisor. The major exceptions are Elementary/Middle School/Special Education and Business students as those academic majors have advisement centers staffed mostly with professional academic advisors.
- Academic advisors in the Academic Advisement Center are available by appointment to discuss all kinds of academic matters ranging from grade point averages to how to choose a major. If you experience difficulty at Missouri State University, the Academic Advisement Center will be able to help you or refer you to someone who can help you. Being a pre-major student is not a prerequisite for this kind of advice.
- The Center also processes changes of majors/minors. So, when you want to declare a major/minor or want to change your major/minor, UNVH 109 is the place to go.
- An academic advisor does not take the place of the personal responsibility of being informed and taking appropriate actions. Therefore, it is important to read the Undergraduate Catalog and other appropriate materials published by the university.
- Academic advising can enrich your educational experience considerably, so get to know your advisor and take advantage of his or her expertise. Besides, Academic Advisors are neat people!
The connecting links will give you all the information you need to ensure you receive productive and valuable advisement.