Tips for Advisors
Tips to becoming a more beneficial and effective Advisor:
- Review Missouri State University academic programs, regulations, and advising information.
- Practice developmental advising concepts.
- Explore the relationship between good academic advising and student success and retention.
- Become familiar with the General Education Program.
- Become familiar with student and advising information available on the web.
- Develop a network of contacts with over 300 Master Advisors.
- Participate in a program named an "Outstanding Institutional Advising Program" by the National Academic Advising Association.
Email Kathy Davis for more information.