Transfer Information for West Plains Students
The West Plains and Springfield campuses of Missouri State University enjoy a special relationship as part of the same university, sharing the same name, providing excellent higher education opportunities in the Ozarks, and offering a uniquely smooth transfer experience. We think your transition to Missouri State-Springfield will be enjoyable. We look forward to having you on campus.
Special information for West Plains transfers
- The first step in transferring to Missouri-State-Springfield is to apply for admission. You do not need to pay an application fee. (If you use the online application, leave the application fee section blank.)
- When applying to Missouri State, please do not wait to complete course work at your current institution before sending your transcripts.
- Scholarships--if you are receiving the Freshman Board of Governors, Multicultural Leadership, Freshman Academic, or Leadership scholarships from West Plains and transfer to the Springfield Campus, your scholarship will be continued if you meet the renewal criteria for the scholarship with the same name on the Springfield Campus. For renewal criteria for the scholarships listed above, and for information on other transfer scholarships, please visit www.missouristate.edu/financialaid/scholarships.
- If you will be enrolling in one of the bachelors degree completion programs on the West Plains Campus listed below, contact the Academic Outreach Office on the West Plains Campus, 128 Garfield, telephone 417-255- 7931.
- If you have questions about the transfer process, please call the Admissions Office in Springfield at 417-836-5517 (extension 65517 from a West Plains Campus phone) or 800-492-7900.
Bachelor's and master's degrees offered on the West Plains campus
Missouri State University's Academic Outreach program offers the following bachelor's and master's degrees on the West Plains Campus:
Bachelor of Science in General Business
Bachelor of Science in Education--Elementary
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Management
Bachelor of Applied Science in Agriculture
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science in Education, Elementary Education
Educational Administration Master and Specialist Cohort Program
Master of Science in Counseling
Dixie Williams is the Assistant Director of Admissions - Transfer Coordinator.
E-mail Dixie or call (800) 492-7900.