Checklist for transfer students
- Visit the main admissions transfer page to access additional resources.
- Community college transfer students should inform their current advisor about plans to possibly transfer to Missouri State. Talk with your advisor about pursuing an Associate of Arts, an Associate of Arts in Teaching degree or the 42-hour block.
- Stay current with courses that will transfer by viewing our transfer equivalency guide.
- Schedule a campus visit to the Missouri State campus. To schedule your visit to campus, call the Admissions Campus Visit Desk at 800-492-7900 or 417-836-6614 or schedule your visit online.
- Apply for admission no later than early in your last semester at your current institution (you may apply up to a year in advance of the semester you wish to start.) Request transcripts from all institutions you have attended or are attending be sent to MSU. Send a final transcript when you complete your coursework.
- Become familiar with scholarship and financial-aid programs and deadlines at Missouri State.
- Visit the New Transfer Student “To Do” list. This will help guide you to becoming a successful Missouri State student.