- Be sure that the courses you have taken and will take next year will fulfill the 24 unit high school core curriculum requirements (four units of English, three units of mathematics, three units of social studies, three units of science, one unit of visual and performing arts, and additional elective courses). Refer to our Freshman Admission Requirements or confer with your high school counselor regarding courses which will meet the core requirements.
- Become familiar with the Missouri State website. Consider starting with our online Admissions Guide. If there are specific majors you’re interested in, go to our Academics web page for more information.
- Find your Admissions representative on our Meet Your Admission Counselor web page.
- Talk to your high school counselor to find out more about dual credit opportunities during your junior and/or senior year. To view how credit transfers, use our Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.
- “Like” the Missouri State Admissions Office on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and join our Future Student Facebook Community.
- Begin keeping a journal or record of your activities, awards, etc.in high school. Having this record will come in handy when you eventually apply for scholarships.
- Visit the Missouri State University campus. We welcome you to visit at any time, and it’s not too early your sophomore year in high school. To set up your Missouri State campus tour, call 800-492-7900 or 417-836-6614 or visit our campus visit web page.
- Contact the Admissions Office for more information on becoming a Bear! Call Admissions at 800-492-7900 or 417-836-5517, e-mail email@example.com, or write us at:
Office of Admissions
Missouri State University
Springfield, MO 65897