Make your transition to Missouri State
Outlined below by month are steps that we encourage you to take during your senior year of high school to ensure a smooth transition to MSU.
Early in your senior year
- Review the admission requirements for acceptance to Missouri State University.
- Submit your application for admission. Students who are admitted early get better choices of residence halls and orientation dates.
- Schedule a campus visit.
Register to take the October ACT if you’re interested in the Presidential, Inclusive Excellence Leadership, and Hutchens/SGA scholarships. The October ACT is the last test date we use to determine eligibility for these scholarships. Our ACT school code is 2370.
The Housing Application opens. Check your mail and email for housing information from the Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services.
Register to take the December ACT. The December test is the last from which we can accept scores to determine eligibility for three automatic scholarships: the Board of Governors, Provost and Deans’ scholarships.
Complete the appropriate scholarship application and your application for admission by December 1 to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholarship and the Hutchens/SGA Centennial Leadership Scholarship.
If you complete your Housing Application by December 1, you will be a part of our Early Bird assignment process.
- If you have not already setup your My Missouri State student portal, do so at this time.
- Check your mail or email for anticipated financial assistance letters from the office of student financial aid.
- Apply for admission to Missouri State by January 15 to be eligible for the Board of Governors Scholarship, the Provost Scholarship and the Deans’ Scholarship.
- Complete your FAFSA (MSU’s FAFSA code is 002503) in time to be received by the processor no later than February 1, if you are not applying for a general and departmental scholarship.
- Complete the General and Departmental Scholarships Application by March 1. Some of these scholarships are need-based and require the FAFSA to be completed by February 1.
- Begin checking My Missouri State for your housing assignment. Assignments will be made the last day of every month from March to July.
- Watch the mail for a SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration) invitation for you and your family.
- Check your email for final financial assistance letters from the office of student financial aid.
- Attend SOAR in June or July.
- Ask your high school to send your final transcript with your date of graduation directly to the office of admissions.
- Notify the Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services by July 1 if you will not be living on campus to receive a 100% refund on your deposit.
- Complete and submit your medical history form to the Taylor Health and Wellness Center.
- Review your academic advisor assignment, if you participated in a June or July SOAR session.
- Meet the entrance counseling requirement online, if you received a loan.
- Review move-in information from the Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services.
- Attend all the exciting events during Move-In Weekend, from Bear Bash to New Student Convocation.
Get more information
Contact the admissions office for more information on becoming a Bear:
- Call 800-492-7900 or 417-836-5517
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write us at:
Office of Admissions
Missouri State University
901 S. National
Springfield, MO 65897