Guidelines for group tours
We are excited about the opportunity to welcome your group to our campus. Please review the following guidelines to begin planning for your visit.
- Group visits for grades 9-12 are available on selected dates throughout the school year. Visits require two weeks advance notice for planning purposes. If advance notice is not possible, we appreciate your consideration in bringing your group to visit Missouri State. Please keep us in mind for future visit opportunities.
- Compliance with the student/chaperone ratio of 15:1 is required. If groups fail to comply, our team will work with the coordinator to reschedule the visit.
- A one-hour walking tour of campus and admissions presentation are available for grades 9-12. Tour and presentation will cover topics related to academic programs, cost, scholarships, traditions, things to do in Springfield, and student life).
- A campus visit experience appropriate for middle school students is available in the spring on selected dates. These dates have been programmed for age appropriate, early college awareness and are first come, first serve.
- Admissions will be unable to facilitate scheduling individual student appointments with other departments and/or faculty presentations with tours of specific academic lab spaces as a part of your group visit experience. We recommend that you contact the department directly to make those arrangements.
If you have an interest in scheduling additional time on campus, please refer to the following information:
Lunch on campus
- All visiting groups interested in eating lunch on campus are eligible for a discounted (tax-exempt) rate of $5 per person. These arrangements must be made directly with campus dining services.
- Please contact Jeanne Henderson at 417-836-3057 or email JeanneHenderson@missourstate.edu to schedule your dining arrival time.
- Best hours for lunch on campus are 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (EST). Our dining centers provide a buffet-style all-you-can-eat meal option at three convenient locations.
- Dining centers accept credit/debit cards, cash, and checks.
- A copy of the tax-exempt certificate will be required upon arrival to the dining center.
If your group visit plans include an overnight stay, please contact summer camps and conferences directly at http://www.missouristate.edu/conferences/SummerCampConferences.htm and complete the event registration form.
If you have questions, contact Sean Kliethermes at SeanKliethermes@missouristate.edu.