Scheduling a group visit
We are excited about the opportunity to welcome your group to our campus. Please review the following guidelines to begin planning for your visit.
- Group visits for students in grades 9-12 are available on select dates throughout the academic year. Visits require two weeks advance notice for planning purposes. If advance notice is not possible, we appreciate your consideration to bring your group to visit Missouri State. Please keep us in mind for future visit opportunities.
- Compliance to the student/chaperone ratio of 15:1 is required. If groups arrive to campus out of compliance, our team will work with the coordinator to reschedule the visit.
- A one-hour walking tour of campus and an admission presentation are available for students in grades 9-12. The campus tour and presentation will cover topics related to academic programs, cost, scholarships, traditions, things to do in Springfield, student life, and more.
- A campus visit experience appropriate for middle school students is available in the spring on select dates. These dates have been programmed for age appropriate, early college awareness and have a limited number of seats available. They are available for reservation on a first come, first served basis.
- The Office of Admission will be unable to facilitate scheduling individual student appointments with other departments, faculty presentations, or tours of specific academic lab spaces as a part of your group visit experience. We recommend that you contact the department directly to make such arrangements.
If you have an interest in scheduling additional time on campus, please refer to the following information:
Lunch on campus
- All visiting groups interested in eating lunch on campus are eligible for a discounted (tax-exempt) rate of $5 per person. These arrangements must be made directly with campus dining services.
- Please contact Jeanne Henderson at 417-836-3057 or email at JeanneHenderson@missouristate.edu to schedule your dining arrival time.
- Best hours for lunch on campus are 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Our dining centers provide a buffet-style all-you-can-eat meal option at two convenient locations.
- Dining centers accept credit or debit cards, cash, and checks.
- A copy of the tax-exempt certificate will be required upon arrival to the dining center to receive the $5 rate.
Occasionally, groups may be in Springfield for an extended time, perhaps for a special summer program. If you plan to bring a group for a summer program and hope to stay on campus overnight, please contact the office for Summer Camps and Conferences directly and complete your chosen event’s registration form. For possible overnight accommodations during the regular academic year, please email Residence Life and Services at ResidenceLife@MissouriState.edu to check availability and pricing.
If you have questions, contact Kristin Roop at KristinRoop@MissouriState.edu.