Just the right size
Springfield is Missouri’s third-largest city, with about 350,000 people living in the metropolitan area. You’ll find the big-city amenities you’re used to combined with the welcoming atmosphere and charm of the Ozarks.
Find your new favorite spot to eat, shop or relax
- Choose from 500 restaurants
- Shop at 1,500 retail outlets
- Catch a flick at one of four complexes, including an IMAX theatre
- Cheer on the Springfield Cardinals baseball team
- Enjoy a Broadway show or nationally-known entertainer at the performing arts center on campus
Enjoy a road trip
Springfield is a great starting point for a weekend road trip:
- Only three hours from St. Louis
- Less than three hours from Kansas City
- Two hours from the Lake of the Ozarks
- Three hours from Columbia
- About 45 minutes from Branson, one of the nation’s top vacation destinations
Springfield’s location in the Ozarks gives you access to all the boating, canoeing, kayaking, camping, hiking and mountain-biking you could ask for.