The steps to becoming a Bear
Your application for admission into Missouri State will include:
- Application for admission: Submit a completed application by the priority deadline.
- A $35 application fee: Pay online or include a check with your paper application. See if you qualify for an application fee waiver.
- Your ACT/ SAT test scores: Ask the testing agencies to forward your scores directly using our school codes 2370 for ACT or 6665 for SAT.
- Official transcripts: Request official transcripts from your high school and for any college credit you have completed.
You can apply to MSU up to a year in advance, and we encourage you to apply early!
An early acceptance date gives you choice placement for housing and registration.
Submit your application by these priority deadlines:
- Fall semester – apply by July 20
- Spring semester – apply by December 20
- Summer semester – apply by May 20
After submitting your application, you will be notified about your admission decision via the contact information you provided.
You may also qualify for various scholarships upon your admission to MSU based on the test scores, class rank and other information you provide in your application.
If you qualify, you will receive a scholarship offer letter and acceptance form from our director of financial aid.
Don't want to apply online? Download a paper version* and mail the completed form and your application fee to:
Office of Admissions
Missouri State University
901 South National Avenue
Springfield, MO 65897
*You will need Adobe Reader to view or print this document.