We know that planning for your student to go to college can be stressful. We want to help! That’s why we’ve developed these friendly tips on how you and your family can best prepare for a great post-high school experience.
- Start planning financially by saving money as early as possible.
- Encourage your students to get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Talk with the high school counselors to make sure your students take “college prep” classes.
- Discuss with your students what they are looking for in a college and help them narrow their options.
- Visit campuses with your students, but make sure they take the lead in asking questions.
- Encourage your students to take the ACT or SAT at least once by the end of their junior year.
- Make sure your students meet the deadlines to apply for admission and scholarships, campus housing, FAFSA, etc. during their senior year.
- Become familiar with parent resources at your institutions of choice.