Campus visit information
We want to guarantee both you and your students have a great experience when you visit Missouri State University. Here are some tips to make sure you have a successful campus visit:
- Talk to your students about any majors of interest. If your students have an academic area that they are interested in pursuing, our Campus Visit Desk staff can arrange an appointment with a faculty advisor to talk about our programs. If your students are still deciding on a major, reassure them that it’s okay! We would love to set up an appointment for them with our Academic Advisement or Career Center staff to explore potential options and interests.
- Work with your students to prepare a list of questions before you come to campus. While we want to answer all your questions as parents, we want your students to be engaged in this process, too. Encourage them to speak up when they are meeting with admission counselors, faculty advisors, or our student tour guides (the experts!).
- Don’t forget to print your confirmation email, which includes your visit itinerary, and parking permit!
- On your way home, encourage your students to think about and discuss their visit experience and to make notes on things they liked or didn’t like about our University. If you or your students have any additional questions that pop up, call our Office of Admissions and ask to speak with one of our counselors.
- For more tips on how to have a successful campus visit experience, check out our campus visit webpage.