Early in your student’s senior year
- Your student needs to apply for admission! Students who are admitted early get better choices of residence halls and orientation dates.
- And, if your family hasn't already done so, visit campus. You can sign up for your campus visit online or call us at 417-836-6614.
Make sure your student knows that the October ACT is the last test date we use to determine eligibility for the Presidential and Hutchens/SGA scholarships. Therefore, if your student needs an improved ACT score to apply for these scholarships, make sure he or she registers for the ACT during this month.
- Make Sure your student knows that the December ACT is the last test date we use to determine eligibility for our automatic Missouri State scholarships (the Board of Governors, Provost, and Deans’ scholarships). Therefore, if your student needs an improved ACT score to apply for these scholarships, make sure he or she registers for the ACT during this month.
- Also, the General Department Scholarship application becomes available for admitted students. Students have until March 1st to meet the priority deadline for these scholarships.
- December 1st marks the deadlines for the Presidential, Multicultural Leadership, and Hutchens/SGA Centennial Leadership scholarships.
- Additionally, housing info will be sent to all admitted students.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be available from your student’s high school counselor or the Missouri State Office of Student Financial Aid. You can also find the FAFSA online.
- Also, take note that your student must have applied for admission to Missouri State by January 15th to be eligible for the Board of Governors, Provost, and Deans’ scholarships.
- Be sure your student applies for the General and Departmental scholarships by March 1st. Also, make sure you’ve completed your FAFSA form in time to be received by the processor no later than March 31st (Note: if your student plans to apply for the General and Departmental Scholarship, know that some are need-based and would require the FAFSA to be completed by March 1st).
- Also, eligible students will receive an offer of admission to the Honors College.
- Watch the mail for a SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration) invitation for your family. Also, the Office of Student Financial Aid will begin sending award letters to students who applied for aid by March 31st.
- Housing assignments begin. Assignments will be made the last week of every month from April to July. These housing assignments are visible in the MyMissouriState student portal.
- If your student submitted his/her housing application, he/she should get a residence hall assignment in June.
- SOAR is this month or next!
- Be sure to ask your student’s high school to send a final transcript with the date of graduation directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Make sure your student’s medical history form is completed and mailed to Taylor Health and Wellness Center.
- If your student participated in a June or July SOAR session, he/she should get a letter by the end of the month telling you who his/her academic advisor will be.
- Also, if your student received a loan, he/she can meet the entrance interview requirement online option.
- The Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services (the Housing Office) sends an email to remind students of their housing assignment, to check the move-in website, and the date they can move to campus.Residence halls open at 8 a.m. on the Friday before classes begin.
- Be sure your student attends the Freshman Convocation and New Student Festival on Sunday afternoon.
- Classes begin on a Monday in late August! Good luck!