Checklist For High School Juniors
- Make sure the courses your student is taking fulfill the 24-unit high school core curriculum requirements.
- Encourage your student to take the ACT in April or June if he or she has not already taken it, and be sure to have the scores sent to Missouri State. Our ACT school code is 002370. You can view the ACT testing dates and registration deadlines on ACT's website.
- Applying early is best. Your student can start applying for admission as early as June, and we encourage all students to apply early in their senior year for several reasons, including priority on housing and registration and having more time for homecoming, prom, and all the other fun senior activities that might become distracting.
- Visit Missouri State’s campus. The campus tour will be informative not only for your student, but for you as a parent as well.
- Become familiar with scholarships and financial aid programs at Missouri State. There are a lot of deadlines, and some will come early in your student’s senior year. Be prepared to apply for aid on time.
- Contact the Office of Admissions if you have any questions.
- Let your student know that he or she can add the Missouri State Future Student Facebook Application to meet some new friends and get a head start on becoming a Bear!