Achievement Center for Intercollegiate Athletics Mission Statement
Advocate and promote the fundamental principle of life-long learning by creating a culture that encourages and fosters Accountability, Responsibility, and Preparation, which leads to the graduation of student-athletes.
This is accomplished through the following program initiatives:
- Individualized Course Registration
- Time Management Workshops
- Monitor NCAA Degree Progress
- Objective-Based Study Hall
- Course Scheduling
- Community Service Programming
- Individual and Group Tutoring
- Career Development Workshops
- Life-Skills Programs
Achievement Center Student Support Goals
- Provide information on program requirements, courses, registration and other academic procedures to all student-athletes.
- Provide guidance and academic support strategies for all student-athletes.
- Monitor the academic progress and performance of all student-athletes.
- Communicate with coaches concerning academic policies and student performance.
- Provide assistance and information about academic issues to assist in the operation of the University intercollegiate Athletic program.
Achievement Center Operational Objectives
- Organize all programs and services around the concepts of Student Development theory in line with Student Affairs goals and objectives.
- Conduct all business and personnel activities in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Manage the budget and all fiscal responsibilities in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Conduct all activities and services in compliance with NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and University regulations.